We are keen to hear from you should you have any queries. Please get in touch:
For any information about the taster course please email: email@example.com
This course is being organised and run by:
- Dr Geoff Merrett, Course Leader, started at the University of Southampton as a student in 2001. He is now associate professor of electronic and software systems, and lectures on digital electronics, computer networks and engineering skills. He is the senior admissions tutor for Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Dr Reena Pau, Course Coordinator, leads outreach activities in Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton, and has a personal interest in gender and STEM. She has a PhD from the University of Southampton and her research investigates how to increase the number of women in STEM.
- Dr Alex Weddell, Electronics Strand Leader, was awarded the MEng Electronic Engineering at the University of Southampton in 2005, followed by a PhD. His research interests areareas of energy harvesting, wireless sensing/internet-of-things, machine condition monitoring, and intelligent sensing for smart infrastructure. He is the senior admissions tutor for Electronics.
- Dr Jon Hare, Computer Science strand leader, Lecturer in the Vision, Learning and Control research group in Electronics and Computer Science. His research interests are novel, intelligent techniques for analysing multimedia.
- Dr Dan Spencer, Biomedical Electronic Engineering course leader. He is the module leader for the fourth year Bionanotechnology course and lectures on the Lab-on-a-chip and Biosensors modules.
The course also receives the support of Professor Bashir Al-Hashimi and Professor Paul Lewin.