How to apply
* Applications for the 2019 Summer Taster Course has now closed. If you would like to register your interest for the 2020 Taster courses then please follow the link below.
If you would like to apply to attend one of our Summer Taster Courses:
- 1. Complete the application form.
- 2. We will acknowledge your application and notify you of our decision within 14 days.
- 3. If we offer you a place on the course, you will have a further seven days to register and pay.
Please note these courses are very popular and are usually oversubscribed. All applications are individually reviewed by our admissions team.
Typical requirements for our Summer Taster Courses are:*
- for the Electronics and Computer Science Taster Course: currently studying A-Level Maths and either Physics, Computing, Electronics, Biology, Chemistry or Further Maths
- for the Biomedical Electronic Engineering Taster Course: currently studying A-Level Maths and either Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Further Maths
- attained mostly 7, 8 or 9 grades at GCSE
- currently in year 12 and age 16+ on 29 July 2019
- Are currently studying the UK/EU, or are a British National studying abroad
* Equivalent qualifications apply if you have studied outside the UK
We don’t mind:
- whether you have any previous knowledge of computer science, electronics or programming: no prior experience is necessary
- where you intend to study for your degree after your A Levels: there is no obligation to apply to the University of Southampton following the course
- if you know that you want to study one of these subjects at university, or just want to explore the subject further.